How Do I Reset My Netgear AC1750 WiFi Extender – Is your Netgear extender not working well? Or, you have accidentally messed up with some of the Netgear extender setup settings. If yes, then you may need to completely reset Netgear extender back to its default factory settings.
But before you perform Netgear AC1750 factory reset, it’s always good to power cycle or reboot your range extender first. Follow the underneath section to see basic Netgear AC1750 extender reboot instructions.
Why to Consider Reboot Before to Reset Netgear Extender?
You should always have to consider rebooting prior to reset Netgear extender. It is the simplest method to improve the slow internet connections and fix any wireless issues. It is not the absolute fix but it works in 90 percent of the scenarios. Go through the below-mentioned steps to reboot your Netgear AC1750 extender:
- Unplug your device from the electric power outlet. Ensure that all the lights on the extender turns off.
- You have to wait for a couple of minutes for the best results.
- Plug back the extender into the electric power outlet and wait until the all the LEDs start blinking.
- You are back to online.
What Reboot Can’t but Reset Can Fix!
If a simple reboot or power cycle doesn’t fix your Netgear extender not working problems, then it’s the time to reset Netgear AC1750 WiFi range extender. This returns your WiFi extender to its default factory settings. In the following cases Netgear AC1750 factory reset helps.
- Gaming problems
- Can’t connect to the internet
- Slow connection speeds
- Choppy VOIP
- Failed to access Netgear extender login web page
- Port connection issues
- Wireless network issues
- Device connectivity conflicts
What Netgear AC1750 Extender Reset Button Does?
The reset button brings your WiFi range extender back to default factory restore settings. The button forces the device to erase any customized or personalized settings that you have applied. For example: static IP address, DNS, port forwarding, wireless settings and security, etc.
Important Information: Try to keep your Netgear extender setup password note it down somewhere. Somehow, if you lost or forget the customized password, then reset Netgear extender password is the only option left.
How to Reset Netgear Extender (AC1750)?
No matter what model or brand of WiFi range extender you have, the reset button is always likely on the side or back panel of the device. You need a paper pin clip or similar pointed-object to press the reset button. The reset button is inside a hole so to prevent it from being pushed accidently. Follow these below-mentioned steps to reset Netgear extender device:
- Plug-in your range extender to an electric power outlet.
- Turn on the device and wait for a few minutes.
- After that press the RESET button with the help of a paper pin clip.
- Wait for 3 to 5 minutes. Let the power light turns amber.
- That’s it! Your Netgear AC1750 extender resets successfully.
- Attach your extender to router with an ethernet cable.
- Connect your WiFi extender to computer.
- Run any web browser and visit www mywifiext net web page.
- Enter the default Netgear extender login credentials. If you don’t remember, then check the user manual.
- Click on the ‘Log In’ button.
- Select the ‘Extender Mode’ option and follow the instructions carefully to set up your range extender again.
- Hit on the ‘Save’ button to apply the changes.
- Disconnect and place your WiFi extender away from your home router.
- Now, connect your any device to the extended network and enjoy the internet.
Was this article helpful? Please let us know. If you still have any queries, feel free to ask us anytime via our live chat support.